It seems that its been ages now since when people are waiting for Porting Android on HP TouchPad which they bought in hasty purchase for $99 clearance sale. A lot of efforts later on were done to port Android on HP TouchPad and latest success was making Bluetooth workable.
Porting Android on HP TouchPad was really a demanding job that is why it has taken almost closer to two months. Just 2 – 3 days back we reported that CyanogenMod 7.1 was released and now CyanogenMod 7.1 Alpha is available to be ported on HP TouchPad. There was also an update regarding a Dual Boot of Andorid and WebOS on HP TouchPad a few days back with video. With new update of CyanogenMod, the total number of devices ported have increased upto a great figure of 68. New CM 7 update Alpha 1 has been launched for HP TouchPad but is recommended only for experts to update. When final version for normal users will be released it will be a great news for TouchPad users who must be fed up by now with WebOS operating system which was actually a failure and is left with no more support.
In order to install this update following are the system requirements:
1. Spcae: 2GB.
2. A PC with Windows, Mac or Linux.
3. Download and install “novacom” on your computer in order to connect it with HP TouchPad.
4. USB Cable for connection between PC and HP TouchPad.
6. Download Acme installer – Link.
Complete installation procedure is listed as under:
1. Boot your TouchPad into WebOS.
2. Connect your TouchPad to your computer with a USB cable. (Mac, Windows, or Linux work fine.)
3. On WebOS, you should be notified that you are “Connected” via USB. Select “USB Drive” and then, if asked, select “OK” to confirm.
4. A USB icon should appear on your screen, and the TouchPad WebOS volume should now be accessible on your computer. Depending on your OS, an icon for the HP WebOS volume may appear on your desktop.
5. Using your computer, create a folder/directory on the HP WebOS device called “cminstall” in the first folder. Inside this folder, copy the “update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-tenderloin-signed.zip” files you wish to install. Minimally, you should include the update-moboot and update-cm files described above. Optionally you may add the update-ClockworkMod and any other update…zip files you wish to have installed.
6. Unmount/Eject the TouchPad volume from your computer.
7. Reboot the TouchPad. As it is booting, hold the volume-up key until a large white USB symbol appears.
8. From the Terminal, or the Command prompt if you are on Windows, navigate to the directory with the ACME Installer binary, and type the following command:
$ novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller
In the above example, $ represents the prompt.
On Macintosh, the Terminal is accessible from Applications->Utilities->Terminal. Ubuntu and other Linux users may use the Terminal application. In future revisions of ACME installer, it may not be necessary to use the Terminal at all.
9. Cross your fingers.
10. If all works well, the “update…zip” file will automatically be installed and your TouchPad should boot into Cyanogenmod.
Incoming search terms:
- 1 acmeinstaller2
- acmeinstaller2 zip
- acmeinstaller2 download
- acme installer download
- 7 zip tutorial